Thursday, April 26, 2012

Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co Review

Charitable business for children's education. Full of clever products with amazing funny copy all over it. You can buy a small can of x-ray of a jug of invisibility. You can try on capes and have wind blown around you. You can be de-vilanized. But remember to always be vigilant and always true.

Was just here last night to hear Valentino Achak Deng speak.  If none of you know, this guys story is truly amazing.  He's a refugee from Sudan, "escaped" to the US has seen countless people murdered, raped and injured.  If you haven't read or heard of him, I would highly recommend Egger's book based on his life story, "What is the What" - I don't want to get into too much detail here about the book because I'd rather have you cats read it.  Truly life-inspiring.  His speaking was fantastic, concise, and uplifiting.  Oh, and although I didn't get to check the venue out too much (place was packed!) from what I saw, it was sweet and for a great cause!

372 5th Ave
(at 6th St)
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Neighborhood: Park Slope
(718) 499-9884

No comments:

Post a Comment